The National Eligibility and Entrance Test UG 2021 or NEET UG 2021 is an entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS / dental course (BDS). NEET (UG) is mandatory for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses in India in any Medical or Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India / Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India (including the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry).
The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG will be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards. This Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. The responsibility of the NTA will limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. The exam will be conducted in Hindi, English, Urdu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.
The upper age limit for appearing in NEET UG 2021 has been removed, candidates shall now apply using NTA website, the application form on the official website is being changed to accomodate the age limit changes – Confirmed. (learn more)
NEET UG 2021 Revised Notification has been released. Now, the examination will be held as per the previous year pattern (once in a year with offline mode). The application form will be available online on NTA website starting from 1st November 2018. Click here for detailed schedule.
NEET UG 2021
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG 2021 is organized by the NTA (National testing Agency). As per the latest notification released by the NTA, NEET UG 2021 will be conducted only once in a year and on pen paper based mode. NEET is the only national level examination to get any medical seat in India. NEET Test was being conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) till 2018. On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. NEET UG will be conducted on june 2021 (tentative). A detailed schedule (NEET UG 2021 Schedule) and other details about NEET 2021 exam including application form, exam date, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, etc are listed below.
NEET UG 2021 Examination will be conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) once in a year and on paper based mode – Confirmed.
New Changes Introduced
On the proposal of Union Health Ministry, MCI approved several changes in the NEET UG entrance exam. Below we have listed the new changes introduced this year:
- Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have joined 15% All India Quota scheme. Candidates of these states need not to submit Self Declaration form this year.
- Aadhaar Card is also not compulsory to fill the NEET Application. But, candidates have to required any ID proof to apply for the exam.
- Indian candidates those wish to pursue MBBS / BDS in foreign nationals, they have qualify NEET UG exam.
- The attempt limit has been removed from the this year. Now, candidates may attempt the NEET untill the age limit as per their categories.
- NIOS or State Open School or private candidates are not eligible to NEET exam.
- There will be only one set for question paper in all languages.
- As per officials the exam will be bilingual (except language chosen in English).
- NTA will set up 3,000 practice centres for NEET UG examination from August 2018. It will function on saturdays and sundays & candidates will get around an hour to practice.
NEET 2021 Application Form
Candidates should fill the application form as per the instructions given in the information bulletin refer NTA Website. Below we are providing NEET 2019 application form details:
- The application form will be issued through online mode only. No application will be entertained through offline mode.
- NEET UG registration 2021 will be commenced from the November 2020 (Tentative).
- Candidates should upload the scanned images of recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After filling the application form completely, a confirmation page will be generated. Download it.
- There will be no need to send the printed confirmation page to the board.
Date Of Entrance Test
NEET UG 2021 will be conducted on 5th May, 2019 (Sunday) from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM. The duration of test will be 3 hours.
The schedule will remain unaltered even if the date of test is declared a public holiday.
NEET UG 2019 Schedule
|Application form Release||1st November 2018|
|Application submission last date||30th November 2018 7th December 2018|
|Last date to pay the fee||1st November 2018 8th December 2018|
|Correction in particulars of Application Form||14th Jan 2019 to 31st Jan 2019|
|Admit card available||15th April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019|
|Answer key Release||Date shall be annouced later. Kindly stay tuned.|
|Announcement of result||5th June 2019|
|Counselling begins||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET UG Answer Key 2019
The answer key will be released along with question paper through online mode. NEET answer key 2019 will be published within a week after the exam. The board will offer the facility to challenge against the answer key. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer to challenge the answer key. Candidates will have to visit their login portal. Enter their user ID (registration number) and password to challenge the answer key.
NEET 2019 Result
- Students those will appear in the exam can check their result via online mode.
- Result will be announced on 5th June 2019.
- Result will not be prepared category wise.
- There will be no provision of re-evaluation / re-checking of the answer sheets.
- The board will prepare a merit list as per the guidance of DGHS, MCI and DCI.
- The merit list will be prepared for the 15% All India Quota.
- Students will be invited for counselling as per their rank in the NEET UG examination.
- Aspirants should have passed class 12 or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, biology/bio-technology and English individually
- Moreover, they must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks for PH and 40% marks for SC/ST candidates) taken together in physics, chemistry and biology/bio-technology at the qualifying examination.
Preparation For Filling Up Of Application Form
A candidate can apply for the NEET (UG) only on-line by logging on to NTA Website. Before submission of application form, make the following preparations:
- The information desired to be filled in the online application such as names of Father/Mother and Candidate with correct spellings, Aadhaar Number/ Aadhaar Enrolment Number/Registration Number/ Passport number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number/Other valid Govt. Identity Card Number, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc. may be kept ready. For more details about the information to be filled in, candidates may go to link "Replica of Application- 2019" on the website.
- The candidates have to provide the Aadhaar/Identity details as given below: Category of Candidates Types of permissible IDs Indian Nationals of all states Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number (EID) or Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre. Indian Nationals belonging to Assam, Meghalaya or Jammu & Kashmir Aadhaar Number, Aadhaar Enrolment Number, Registration Number issued by Facilitation Centre, Ration Card Number, Bank Account Number, Passport Number or Number of any other Identity Card issued by Government. NRIs Aadhaar Number, Passport Number Foreigners/OCI/PIO Passport Number
- Candidate should have scanned images of his/her latest Photograph (size of 10 Kb to 100 Kb) and Signature (size of 3 Kb to 20 Kb) in JPG format only, for uploading as part of submission of online application.
- Decide the mode of payment of fee,
- Through any Debit/Credit Card using on-line gateway payment facility or
- Net Banking/UPI
- e-wallet of various service providers
- If decided to pay fee through Debit/Credit Card, check the validity of the Card and keep it ready while logging on to website for submitting application form.
- If decided to pay fee through Net Banking/UPI, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
- If decided to pay the fee through e-wallet, follow the instructions as communicated during the online processing.
- Keep the statements of bank/Net Banking transaction receipt/e-wallet receipt bearing Application/ Registration Number for future reference.
- Print the Confirmation Page (Step-4) of online application after completion of Step-3 i.e. payment through debit/credit card/ Net Banking/UPI/E-Wallet.
- Failure to complete Step-2 of Online Application and further payment of fee as per Step-3, final Submission of Online Application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in all modes of payment of fee.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not been submitted successfully.
Eligibility to Appear in NEET UG 2019
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956/Regulations as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2018. Eligibility as per related regulations is as follows:-
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET(UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) - 2019 is as follows:
For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 07.05.1994 and 01.01.2003 For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category born on or between 07.05.1989 and 01.01.2003
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2019.
- Candidates belong to J&K state will be eligible to apply for 15% All India Quota on the basis of self declaration.
Aadhaar card requirement
As per the latest statement issued by Honourable Supreme Court on 7th March 2018, Aadhaar is no longer mandatory for registration for NEET or other such national level entrance examinations.
- Aadhar number is not mandatory to apply for NEET exam.
- J&K, Assam & Meghalaya candidates can also apply by providing their passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Government ID number.
- NRI candidates can apply by Adhaar Card number or Passport Number.
- PIO, OCI & Foreign nationals candidates can apply by Passport Number.
To learn more please visit: Aadhaar Not Mandatory For Registration
All our online live mock test packs are structured in a similar manner as in the NEET UG 2019 examinations. It reflects in every aspect in terms of the total number of questions, the available number of minutes to complete and the syllabus.
|Subject||No. Of. Questions||Marks Awarded||Total Marks|
|Duration||180 Minutes (3 Hours)|
- Each question will be awarded +4 for correct answer
- There will be negative mark -1 for each incorrect answer
- In case of no answer or unattempted 0 marks will be awarded
Examination Mode: Offline mode (using paper and pen)
Type Of Questions: Objective Type
Classification of seats
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State or Management or NRI quota seats available in private medical or dental colleges or any private or deemed university
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) - 2019 will be conducted as per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018.
- Mere appearing and qualifying in NEET (UG) does not confer any right to the candidate for admission in MBBS/BDS Courses. The selection and admission to MBBS/BDS seats in any Medical Institution recognized for offering MBBS/BDS Courses is subject to fulfilling the admission criteria, eligibility, rank in merit list, medical fitness and such other criteria as may be prescribed by the Government of India, respective States, Universities and Medical/Dental Colleges.
- Applications of candidates submitting false and fabricated information will not be considered and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in examinations.
- Incomplete application and applications not in accordance with instructions will not be considered and are liable to be rejected. The examination fee deposited will not be refunded in such cases.
- Fee will neither be carried forward to a future examination nor refunded under any circumstances. Submission of online application and remittance of fee would close as per the schedule given and no request for extension of time etc. shall be entertained. Applications once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Candidates must note that mere deduction of fee from the bank account is not a proof of fee payment. The payment should be supported by updated fee in the account of the candidate and generation of confirmation page.
- Instructions in the Information Bulletin are liable to change based on decisions taken by the authorities from time to time.
- Candidate's eligibility for NEET (UG) is purely provisional and is subject to fulfilment of eligibility criteria as prescribed by the MOH & FW/MCI/DCI/NTA/MCC.
- In case of any ambiguity in interpretation of any of the instructions/terms/rules/criteria regarding determination of eligibility/conduct of examination/registration of candidates/information contained therein, the interpretation of the NTA shall be final and binding.
- The conduct of NEET (UG) Examination would be videographed. The candidates are required to keep their head in upright position and face the camera during the videography so that their identity could be clearly established.
NEET 2019 applicants are informed that NTA sticks to the dress code very seriously. Therefore this time as well take special note of the dress code. If possible wear:-
- Light clothes with half sleeves without big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar / Trouser.
- Wear open Slippers, sandals with low heels (no shoes).